Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Running after a cold/flu

Since I've been so sick, I was wondering how I know when I'm ready to get out and run again.... after some googling (I love that we use that word as a verb), I found this interesting tip:


"So, next time you have a cold and wonder whether you should head out for your run, just remember the "neck check" developed by AR&FA Editorial Board Member Randy Eichner, M.D. If your cold symptoms are from the neck up, go for it. If your symptoms extend below the neck and include chest discomfort or deep cough, general aches and pains, and fever, hit the bed instead of the road. Rest, don't run."
Source

I think it was very helpful! All in all, it comes down to how we feel of course, but it's nice to have a rule of thumb, in my opinion!

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.... I'm not ready for a run quite yet. My cough is all in my chest. :(

Until Next Time...
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.